• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cache bar acting weird

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure what happened, but recently my project started doing this in the cache bar: https://vimeo.com/340352754/9dae0abd1c

In the video I try to render, and it doesn't properly save the cached file, I go to different compositions and it does the same thing.  Even after I save it, the * comes back right away as if I was working on something. Also, in the video I try to double click on one of the masks to resize it but the program doesn't allow me to keep the resize window up to move.

When I opened a new project and import 4k footage, it works fine.  did the project file get corrupted?

Im working on a MacPro (Late 2013) with OSX 10.14.5.  Everything updated and current. 32GB of memory and a 3GB AMD FirePro GFX card.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are trying to edit a video in AE. Most of your comps should be a single shot. Occasionally, you would do a short sequence. I'm guessing that you are running out of system resources.

Reboot, Clear your cache, and if necessary reset or trash your preferences. Make sure the comp panel's resolution is set to auto and you are looking at each comp at a 50% or lower Magnification Ratio when you are trying to preview motion.

If you still can't get that project to work pre-compose each shot, trim the pre-comp to the length of the shot, and try working on smaller pieces one at a time. It is usually more efficient and takes less time if you render your comps and edit the final in an NLE like Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Rick!

I'll try the reboot idea. I was about to do that anyway.

I copied the project earlier and tried deleting comps and media to see if it would help.  but no luck on that front. 

this project had a LOT of compositing, so editing in Premiere didn't seem feasible. I started it there, for lining shots up, but am doing all the finishing work in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finishing work in AE is generally a bad idea. I just wrapped a film with about a hundred effects and compositing shots. Every single one of them was one comp in AE created using Dynamic Link to bring in the footage trimmed to the right in and out points, then immediately undone in Premiere Pro. When I finished a shot I just imported it into the FX bin I created in PPro and dropped it in the timeline just above the original shot. Every time the client wanted a small change I just had to open up one comp and fix a couple of frames. I made the deadline with no problems. If that project was finished in AE I the changes would have been nearly impossible and I would have had to render out the fixes and edit them into the master or wait for 20 or 30 hours to deliver another full version to render from AE go I could get approval. The last changes I made were Monday and they were ready for the client to look at less than 20 minutes after the last change order because all I had to do was open up that comp, make the changes, then open up the render cue and set the file name to match the original and replace the file, then open go to the AME, open the PPro project, select the sequence and render the proof. I know it sounds like more work to bounce back and forth, but trust me, that workflow will save you a ton of time on all but the very simplest projects. If I had not set up that kind of workflow I would have never made the deadline, even if I had pulled a dozen all-nighters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick,

I did a hard restart on my computer and trashed preferences.  No luck. 

Some other things I noticed was that when my composition was in view, it does the weird issue.  When I have it hidden behind a layer window, it doesn't do it.

I appreciate the knowledge in the workflow for finishing it in Premiere over AE.  Not sure If I can go back on what I've done or not and not sure if that would help or not. 

Not sure what else I can try.  The project was being edited on an external SSD, and I tried moving to another external drive. 

Anyway to export a specific comp and maybe I can edit in a different project file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. Were you able to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines