• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cached Preview needs 2 or more frames to play back

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this error come up when I try to preview anything. I've looked up a few youtube videos and tried purging memory and disc cache but nothing has made a difference yet.

I'm also having trouble placing the keyframes. When I move the Current Time Indicator it will only go to the frame markers. (Sorry if that doesn't make a lot of sense I'm a beginner)

I'm using Version 17.1.4 of After Effects on a mac.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jess

Screenshot 2020-09-18 at 14.18.25.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Well, your comp is only 10 frames long and the resolution is tiny if you have to zoom in 400% to even see anything. Start by actually using more standard settings and dial them in in the composition settings panel. It's inevitable that weird combinations of settings will wreak havoc with the preview functions, especially the hardware acceleration part which is built around assuming standard video resolutions as commonly used in broadcast, not some tiny thumbnail icon size. I would strongly sugge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, your comp is only 10 frames long and the resolution is tiny if you have to zoom in 400% to even see anything. Start by actually using more standard settings and dial them in in the composition settings panel. It's inevitable that weird combinations of settings will wreak havoc with the preview functions, especially the hardware acceleration part which is built around assuming standard video resolutions as commonly used in broadcast, not some tiny thumbnail icon size. I would strongly suggest you actually read the online help and educate yourself about standard video workflows on a more general level via a simple web search or you'll forever bump into these unnecessary issues.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've made the composition longer and that has fixed the problem. Thank you, your advice has been really useful.

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this can help but try to activate the GPU accelerator, go to file/project settings, Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 6.47.52 PM.png 

also, check your composition frame rate and be sure you use the right settings like 24fps or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines