• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calling 360 video editing pros! How do I keep an object (caption) in the same place in the camera?

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am editing a 360 video and I know how how to place assets in the 3D space so it looks like it's part of the 360 environment. But I'd like my objects to move with the camera, for example a caption (png) to remain at the bottom left even when the viewer is moving the camera.

Is this possible? I cannot figure it out or find any info on it, please help.

Thank you!

Ellen

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible.

Think about it:

You are creating a video. Every pixel is set. What you want is an overlay, which moves with the rotation of the users head. So its position is not set in the video, but variable.

You need to solve this in the video player itself and might have to create your own video player app for this.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Martin,

Ohh ok, I will upload it to Youtube so I guess it's not going to happen (I am also not skilled enough to make my own app).

Thank you so much!

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines