• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera tools replaced by 3D transform tools?

Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I know somebody that doesn't have her camera tools anymore. Instead, this is what she has:

panneaux.jpg

Is there a way to get the good ol' camera tools back?

Thanks!

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking at the current AE Beta build. There are now 3 different tools with 3 different options each. You have to make sure you have the right tools selected to get the familiar feel, and you also need to play with the Preferences/3D settings. I'm not very fond of any of the new tools, but they are in the beta to give feedback and let the team and the pbant know what you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer!

Is there a way to switch back to the good ol' camera tools via the preferences/3D settings?

I would check this myself on my end, but I'm currently not running the current AE Beta build.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tools you have highlighted in the toolbar are the new 3D camera tools in After Effects 17.5. (Not the 3D transform gizmos.) Instead of a single Unified Camera Tool, After Effects now offers different camera tools, similar to 3D modeling applications. Full details are here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/user-guide.html/after-effects/using/work-in-3D-space.ug.html

You can activate the old-style Unified Camera Tool by holding the Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) key while the mouse cursor is over the composition. Note: there is a bug in After Effects 17.5 which causes the Option/Alt behavior to incorrectly override the alternate behaviors of other tools, like the Zoom and Pen tools. This bug is fixed in After Effects Beta, which you can install from the Creative Cloud desktop app. Also note that you can disable this Option/Alt behavior, and thus avoid the bug, by disabling the new "Activate Option/Alt Left/Middle/Right..." option in Preferences > 3D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines