• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera tracker stuck at Solving

New Here ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i`m trying to track camera but it got stuck on Solving Camera.

It`s 12 seconds video, .mpeg. I`m using AE CC 2018. It took a lot of time for background analyze but now it stuck in solving. aproxx 10-15 minutes already it says Solving Camera. And I can`t find how to enable the percentage of progress of tracking.

My pc; Ram - 16gb, video: 2gb, proc: intel i7. 2.4 Ghz.

What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¿Estás usando la misma configuración de tu video con la composición?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I`ve created compositon based on video. dragged it on "Create new compositon" icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its already about 2-3 hours "Solving the camera" and nothing happens. What even can be a problem? Deleted this composiotn, created another one and started again, let`s see what will happen now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some shots will not solve. The longer the shot the more difficult it is to solve. Some video formats are harder to handle than others. To get a good camera solution any significant lens distortion must be removed. For example, a standard shot from a GoPro with significant barrel distortion is going to be problematic. If you end up with a camera solution the tracking will be all fouled up around the edges because AE's camera has a perfect lens.

If you are trying to camera track a shot that is over 10 seconds you are probably in trouble. I routinely cut up shots that need camera tracking into segments that only cover the frames that are going to have the placed 3D layer in the shot. For example, I recently did about a two and a half minute and talk for a safety video. There were several sections in the shot where we needed to add signs and even one piece of equipment as a 3D model. Not one of the sections that needed camera tracking was over 15 seconds, most were under 7 seconds, so I made each section a separate comp, tracked the camera, added my 3D elements to the scene, then cut the shot back together in Premiere Pro so that it looked like one continuous shot. There was absolutely no way to camera track the entire two-minute shot so I didn't even try. It would not have made any difference what kind of software I would use, you should never work on more frames than you will use in the final edit when you are doing composites or tracking. It's a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look if the file is at 24fps if not try converting the file at 24 frames per second and apply the camera track effect again.

Hope it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you "Cima" I'm helpful. it's working after doing 24 frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines