• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can Adobe software use two GPU ?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi . i've got a question ... I use a PC desktop for my adbe creative cloud and especiallly when I work i use after effects and premiere .. To improve and make my workflow faster can I buy another GPU and use in binary ? 

I've got a Nvidia geforce 1060 6GB and if i buy another one, Adobe software can work with both GPU to improve my workflow ? 

thank you

Paolo Barbuto Photographer
TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Premiere can use a dual GPU setup and ever so slightly improve performance, but teh conditions are very specific. They need to be identical cards and of course you will have to use a sequence type and footage that actually supports hardware-accelerated stuff in such a manner. Still, there may be no point in it if you only do HD editing with simple color corrections and only two or three tracks. You won't see any difference with a second card then. For AE all of this is irrelevant. It barely even

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Thank you for the advice ... when i use after effects it eats a lot of memory especially CPU and not GPU... during rendering actions i see that CPU works a lot around 30 to 95% and GPU work 10-20%.. i think i'll upgrade the processor like e9 or xeon ?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere can use a dual GPU setup and ever so slightly improve performance, but teh conditions are very specific. They need to be identical cards and of course you will have to use a sequence type and footage that actually supports hardware-accelerated stuff in such a manner. Still, there may be no point in it if you only do HD editing with simple color corrections and only two or three tracks. You won't see any difference with a second card then. For AE all of this is irrelevant. It barely even uses a single card to the full extent. You'd be wasting your money buying a secondary GPU just for AE work...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the advice ... when i use after effects it eats a lot of memory especially CPU and not GPU... during rendering actions i see that CPU works a lot around 30 to 95% and GPU work 10-20%.. i think i'll upgrade the processor like e9 or xeon ?

Paolo Barbuto Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines