Highlighted

Can After Effects cc 2017 be used with Catalina on MacOS?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac OS is currently using Sierra. After Effects is cc 2017.
I want to update Mac OS to the latest "Catalina". Can cc 2017 be used with "Catalina"?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can After Effects cc 2017 be used with Catalina on MacOS?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac OS is currently using Sierra. After Effects is cc 2017.
I want to update Mac OS to the latest "Catalina". Can cc 2017 be used with "Catalina"?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

After Effects CC 2017 was not tested on macOS Catalina. Generally, it should work but there is no guarantee that it would work with any issues. Moreover, you wouldn't be entitled to support (officially at least) if you run into any issues.

If this is the only machine that you have and you want to continue using After Effects CC 2017, I'd recommend that you stay on the OS that you're currently running.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a big no... You are going to be in trouble. Catalina will have problems is there is one 32 bit subroutine in any part of any code in any app. Carefully read all of the warnings published by Apple. There are lots of folks that had and still have huge problems with Catalina and more than just Adobe apps. I'm waiting for at least one more update to both Catalina and the primary apps I use to make a living.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0