• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I download After Effects on Dell Inspiron?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want a laptop that i can edit on but still be cheap since im on a budget. I don't know if i can download AFter EFfects on Inspiron but I really need to know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Inspiron line of computers has a lot of different models so it's hard to say. The minimum requirements for After Effects can be found here: After Effects System Requirements .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dj.summitt  wrote

The minimum requirements for After Effects can be found here: After Effects System Requirements .

Just keep in mind that the minimum requirements may not give you good performance, just minimal performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet would be to purchase the laptop from a retailer that will allow you to return it and/or exchange it.  If it's not meeting your expectations, you're not stuck with it.

For "good" performance, you're probably going to need to budget at least $1,000. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. I have HP 22 all-in-one desktop computer with 4 gigs of RAM I can do Adobe premiere Rush and Adobe pro but not Adobe after effects. I am taking this thing back to get a Dell Inspiron with more gigs of RAM but less storage and is a desktop computer with i3 processor and I am wondering if that will work with Adobe after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As my colleagues said - first just check specs of your hardware (exact model of Dell Inspiron laptop and compare it to minimal AE requirements. But keep in mind minimal mean that it is minimum that will let you install and open AE (and any piece of computer will let you download)  - does'nt mean that it will let you work effectively on any more than simple basic AE project.

So to be able to help you - we need to know what exact model you wish to buy or how much money you wish to spend. To be honnest AE is realy HDD/SDD, RAM and CPU hungry piece of software so Desctop computer is more suitable environement for it, but there are people that work on AE from laptop so - tell us exact model and we will try to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Dell Inspiron 15300 
  • 4gbd ddr5
  • 15.6 fhd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you pick an Inspiron out yet?

I took a quick look at what Dell's currently offering.  The laptops starting in the $600 range will be good for 1280x720 and/or 1920x1080 work.  The laptops in the $900 to $1,100 range will be really good.  If you're looking to do 3840x2160, then you're probably in for some very slow AE render time on anything that isn't a well configured Inspiron for gaming.

Make sure whatever you pick has at least 8GB for RAM.  16GB is better, or 32GB (if available an option at all) is even better. 

As far as internal drive storage goes, get as large of a hard drive as your budget allows for.

If there is an option for an SSD drive instead of a standard laptop hard drive, you'll appreciate that as well (however, this usually means a pretty large increase in price).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines