• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I set an animation as a template and assign it to different vectors?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I have a number of vector people I would like to animate to make them walk, probably about 10 or so. Do I have to animate each one individually or can I animate one of them and then set this as a template and then assigned that animation to the others? I'm concerned that if I spend time animating them all individually and then I want to tweak the way they walk, I would have to tweak each individual animation. Any ideas?

Thanks,

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entirely depends on what they will be used for, how they are rigged,what their proportions are etc.. There's any number of ways to make things more efficient with expressions, animation presets, scripts like DUIK, but of course any form of character animation will never be 100% reusable based on simple templates and AE simply doesn't have specific retargeting tools and other CA stuff like some 3D programs have. So for any advise on how to streamline the process you will have to be very, very specific rather than hoping for blnaket generic solutions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mylenium. Thank you for your response. I thought it might be the case. I guess what I will do is create the first animation of the character walking, then duplicate the composition and change the "clothing" of the character (colours of the vectors etc). But obviously, if I do this for 10 characters and then I want to change the animation slightly such as (move the head slightly differently), then I will have to go and change this in all 10. Is this the way you would recommend to set it up?

Also, can you create 'symbols' in After Effects of specific elements, which when you change what is in them, they change across all compositions? Thanks again,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines