• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I turn Shape Layers into Masks? Open to any solutions here.

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is possible, or if there are any other work arounds to accomplish what I want that you all could suggest, but basically I want these white shape layers I used to cover portrusions of the letters moving/forming to accomplish the same thing on a transparent background as they do on the white background. I was tasked with animating this businesses logo for an email signature, and what I did seemed pretty good, until they told me they wanted it to be transparent. How should I go about covering the portrusions of these black shapes/assets in a way that works on a transparent background?KG Problem-01.png

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Try using a Track Matte. Create a Black solid under your logo and set it's track matte to Luma Inverted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pre-compose all of the letters that make contain the white solids. Apply Extract to the pre-comp and crank down the white levels and you will have your transparency in a couple of seconds. The white softness will smooth out any rough edges. You will have a lot more control over the edges than you get with a simple Luma track matte. I threw extract on the top part of your low-resolutionScreenshot_2020-05-20 21.20.05_I45D8d.png screenshot and put a 100% red solid below it so I could see every edge and got this in about 15 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines