• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use Render Engine on AWS for automated rendering?

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to setup a website where my clients can choose a template, colors, as well as upload their images, and create an order. Then this order will be taken by a script running on another computer (Amazon VM) with After Effects Render Engine installed. This script will run the renderer that will render the ordered template into a video file that will be sent to a client for download.

I want to know if this scenario may violate any of the terms in Adobe license agreement. I have read the license carefully and didn't find any point there that this described scenario will violate, but I want to be sure. To clarify, none of my clients will have access to the AFX render engine. Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

So if instead of Amazon I used my own physical machine in the same scenario there wouldn't be any problem?

Correct.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to know if this scenario may violate any of the terms in Adobe license agreement.

Sure it does. You are redistributing the software to a third-party service. Aside from a million technical problems, of course.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Can you please clarify how it's different from taking client's order and rendering it manually using my own template and then giving the result video to client? Are you saying no one should use AfterFX to make money by doing work for clients?

And again, I am not redistributing the software. My clients will have no interaction with the software. They will only create an order that I will build and render for them using my own templates and ae licensed to me, as well as some automation tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are planning to run AE on Amazon's servers, are you not? That by letter and action is redistributing the software to a third party unless Amazon do provide pre-configured AE instances for rental of their own. The rest doesn't matter. You can sell to your clients whatever you want, but unless you obtain a specific license agreement for server-side use from Adobe (which is expensive and only possible by contacting sales to negotiate terms),you are not allowed to install a gigazillion AE or AME instances on Amazon and sell this as a service, which ultimately is the point.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if instead of Amazon I used my own physical machine in the same scenario there wouldn't be any problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that may be a cool notion, but it's as illegal as hell.  Time for Plan B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello! Any updates on this subject? @ dana80480687 How did you solve it? had a plan B?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines