Highlighted

Can Raspberry Pi 3 Run After Effects?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place because this is my first time in the adobe forums.

Anyways, I am thinking of getting a Raspberry Pi 3 and I was wondering, will it run after effects?

Here are the specs for the Pi 3:

SoC: Broadcom BCM2837

CPU: Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.2GHz

GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV

RAM: 1GB LPDDR2 (900 MHz)

Networking: 10/100 Ethernet, 2.4GHz 802.11n wireless

Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1 Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy

Storage: microSD

GPIO: 40-pin header, populated

Ports: HDMI, 3.5mm analogue audio-video jack, 4× USB 2.0, Ethernet, Camera Serial Interface (CSI), Display Serial Interface (DSI)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Szalam | Adobe Community Professional

In case you don't want to trust us forum people, you can read the system requirements for yourself: After Effects System Requirements

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can Raspberry Pi 3 Run After Effects?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place because this is my first time in the adobe forums.

Anyways, I am thinking of getting a Raspberry Pi 3 and I was wondering, will it run after effects?

Here are the specs for the Pi 3:

SoC: Broadcom BCM2837

CPU: Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53, 1.2GHz

GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV

RAM: 1GB LPDDR2 (900 MHz)

Networking: 10/100 Ethernet, 2.4GHz 802.11n wireless

Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1 Classic, Bluetooth Low Energy

Storage: microSD

GPIO: 40-pin header, populated

Ports: HDMI, 3.5mm analogue audio-video jack, 4× USB 2.0, Ethernet, Camera Serial Interface (CSI), Display Serial Interface (DSI)

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Szalam | Adobe Community Professional

In case you don't want to trust us forum people, you can read the system requirements for yourself: After Effects System Requirements

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 21, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but you'll need to think about getting something else.  It's woefully inadequate in memory -- hat thing only has 1GB RAM.  AE needs at least 8 gigs. and you really should have 16 gigs to make it run a little better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2017 2
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aside from what Dave said about memory, AE doesn't run on ARM processors and requires Windows or OSX, which isn't avialable for RasPi either. It's really weird to even come up with such a crazy idea in the first place.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2017 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed this is a weird question for me to see because I happen to be, at this very moment sitting in a freshly baked, perfectly warm raspberry pie.  Don't knock it till you've tried it. Please mark this answer as correct.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 21, 2017 1
Advisor ,
Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

potatobattery.jpg

I don't think a Raspberry pie - even a Mk 3 version, would generate enough electricity. Perhaps you could try a potato?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2017 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2017 0