• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Add Motion Graphics Templates to Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have several motion graphic templates that a client shared to me through the Creative Cloud libraries. Unfortunately I'm unable to drag them to my timeline.  I just get the "no" symbol when dragging.  I am able to drag the standard ones that are preinstalled in the Essential Graphics panel.  The client is in Germany so I'm guessing that these templates were set up for PAL.  Could that be the issue?

I'm running Premiere Pro CC 12.01

Thanks,

Mark  

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really a Premiere Pro question. If you imported them into the Graphics panel in Premiere Pro, you should be able to add them unless the language problem is causing some kind of hangup.

You could try and open the MOGRT in After Effect by simply browsing to it from the Open menu. If you are running AE 2020 then all you have to do is choose a place for AE to store the assets and AE will create an AEP file, extract all of the things that need extracting, then open the AEP file.

You could then try saving a new MOGRT from the Comp that is created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Thanks so much for the tips.  I'm accessing them through the Libraries in the EGP since the templates reside on the Creative Cloud.  I don't know if this counts as being imported.  As far as opening them in AE the client who provided the templates has told me that they were created in AE but will only work in Premiere.  

I just noticed that the library that they shared with me is marked "View Only" and I don't have editing privileges.  Could this be the cause?

Thanks,
Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can find the actual file, and you are running CC 2020, you can open the file in After Effects and it will create an AEP file and give you the opportunity to modify the MOGRT using the Extended Graphics panel. 

The MOGRT cannot be used in AE, but you can take the comp created from the existing MOGRT and create an AEP that will allow you to create a new one that suits your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines