• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Convert Project From 2019 to 2020

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rather large project which I last saved on AE CC 2019. It opens and saves on AE CC 2019 fine. When I try to open it with AE CC 2020, it crashes AE.

I also tried to import the project instead of opening it and still got a crash.

What can I do? Any ideas?

I tried to attach the project to this post, but when I do I get this error from the community system:

The attachment's magic2019_v12.aep content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

This means I can't upload (and might mean this is the problem with the file?)

Help appreciated!

Thanks

Ron

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Eventually I managed to import the project. There was a Photoshop document that didn't want to import into 2020. Removing that file made the import possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand you are having trouble opening a project from the earlier version.

The Community doesn't support the After Effects file format. It doesn't mean that your file is corrupt.

Have you checked with another file from the earlier version? Is it behaving the same? Did you use any third-party plug-in in this project? 

You can share a download link to the file so that we can test it at our end: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find a link to the file here.

I did manage to open this file on AE CC 2020 on my Mac (High Sierra), but even after saving it on the Mac in 2020, I still can't open it on Windows. Still opens OK on AE CC 2019.

There are all sorts of plugings on that project.

Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eventually I managed to import the project. There was a Photoshop document that didn't want to import into 2020. Removing that file made the import possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines