Highlighted

Can't drag and drop folders to library?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply need to import my stock images + graphics into the AE library, when I do I get this error,  https://prnt.sc/s6cuor

(File type(s) not supported)

This happens when I try to drag a folder, but if I drag the contents of the folder it can work ok. 

AE 17.01

MacOS 10.13.6

64 BIT

Please help, because it's not practical to have to drag all my media library contents in individually, especially with all the content in so many sub-folders.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't drag and drop folders to library?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply need to import my stock images + graphics into the AE library, when I do I get this error,  https://prnt.sc/s6cuor

(File type(s) not supported)

This happens when I try to drag a folder, but if I drag the contents of the folder it can work ok. 

AE 17.01

MacOS 10.13.6

64 BIT

Please help, because it's not practical to have to drag all my media library contents in individually, especially with all the content in so many sub-folders.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the feedback, we are forwarding it to our Product Managers.

Right now you can't drag and drop the folders to the CCLibraries Panel, and you need to select all the assets you want to add to the Library and drag&drop them.

Thank you,
Mariia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 27, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK understood, thanks.

My fingers are crossed this gets implemented, it feels somewhat of an oversight TBH.

I presume I would only find out by following each AE update?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please -just keep your Adobe applications updated. This would be the CCLibraries update and would get installed on the machine separately from applications update - you don't have to do anything specifically to get it.

We will keep you updated if this happens.

Thank you,
Mariia

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0