• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Edit from a Duplicate Composition.

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have many compositions in my project.

exp_1.jpg

when i duplicate composition folder 18, or just composition 18 then there is changing both composition. however i have changed texts in duplicated composition. then why Previous Composition changed.

There is Footage folder also may be linked with this composition.

exp_2.jpg

I Dont know what is the deep logic in these compositions. i used it for minimal titles. But cannot copy or modification in duplicated composition from them.

Is there any way to duplicate and changing saparately? because there is changing in both composition automatically.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you duplicate a composition in the project window you only duplicate that composition, not the precomposed compositions that sit inside it.  So if you edit some precomposed text, it will change in any of the compositions that the precomposition sits in - in your case, the original comp and the new comp.

You can manually duplicate and replace any pre-composed elements in your duplicate comp, but that can be very slow and tedious if there are more than a few.

There is a very handy script at aescripts.com called "True Comp Duplicator" that automatically duplicates and replaces all the internal precomps of a composition when you duplicate it.   Well worth spending a few dollars on it.

https://aescripts.com/true-comp-duplicator/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andrew. For your Comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome.

As a side note, you can use Flowchart View in After Effects to get a better sense of where your precomps are in a project, and how they interact with other comps within your main comp.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 9.26.53 pm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good. But Adobe Still Havn't any slution for this headache problem in one click. May be they consentrate in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines