Highlighted

Can't export through media encoder - After Effects 17.0.6, Media Encoder 14.1

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Today I just found out that all of my AE files can't be exported through AME. New projects exported just fine. But any AE projects created before today won't show in AME after I added them to the queue and trying to open them directly in AME will result in "The project could not be opened" message. If I add them to the AE render queue then press "queue in AME" it does show up in AME but the render will fail immediately due to "Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted." I tried many methods provided in the forum previously but none of them work. So please let me know if there's a way to fix this. Thanks!

NOTE: Title edited by Rameez to include version numbers

Hi all,

This bug has been fixed in After Effects 17.1. Please update to 17.1 and let me know if you're still running into this issue.

Thanks,

Rameez

TOPICS
Dynamic link, Error or problem, FAQ, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't export through media encoder - After Effects 17.0.6, Media Encoder 14.1

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Today I just found out that all of my AE files can't be exported through AME. New projects exported just fine. But any AE projects created before today won't show in AME after I added them to the queue and trying to open them directly in AME will result in "The project could not be opened" message. If I add them to the AE render queue then press "queue in AME" it does show up in AME but the render will fail immediately due to "Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted." I tried many methods provided in the forum previously but none of them work. So please let me know if there's a way to fix this. Thanks!

NOTE: Title edited by Rameez to include version numbers

Hi all,

This bug has been fixed in After Effects 17.1. Please update to 17.1 and let me know if you're still running into this issue.

Thanks,

Rameez

TOPICS
Dynamic link, Error or problem, FAQ, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 15, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any specific info, so honestly we can't know. It's not even clear what you actualyl tried. Cleared the cache? checked your hardware acceleration? Sorry, but you've written a lot of vague stuff that just isn't helpful. You need to be much more specific and provide actual info on the settings, versions of the programs, project contents and also what system you are even on.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chihtangc,

We need to know the exact version of After Effects and Media Encoder that you're using: https://adobe.ly/2Tri88U

Which OS are you on? Can you provide dynamic link logs from your computer? https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-what-should-i-do-when-after-effects-compositions-do...

Let me know.

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening to me too!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue too. It's started from the last update Adobe products. Before update all was working perfectly

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Everything goes well with the previous version, I'm now waiting the fixing update. 

I tried to save my file as new aep by collecting files but it didn't work.

MacOS10.15.4

AE ver.17.0.6

ME ver.14.1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Unable to export from AE to ME and unable to open project directly in ME. So frustrating. Cleared cache. Re-installed both AE and ME. Followed instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/after-effects-composition-export-error.html

Windows 10 Pro - Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Media Encoder v14.1 (Build 155)

AE v17.0.6 (Build 35)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2020 0