Highlighted

Can't export video

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished my entire edit that took about 8 hours. I go to export and its telling me i can't export because it can't render more than 30,000 pixels. I figured precomposing the clips would work, but it didn't and now i have no way of going back and editing if i need. Any help?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't export video

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished my entire edit that took about 8 hours. I go to export and its telling me i can't export because it can't render more than 30,000 pixels. I figured precomposing the clips would work, but it didn't and now i have no way of going back and editing if i need. Any help?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you export in parts in a format that holds multigenerations like QuickTime with Animation codec, or Apple ProRes or DNxHD/DNxHR, etc., and then insert it into a video editing program like Premiere Pro, export it again and turn it into one. After Effects is an application of short compositions.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is going on in your comp that is creating the image buffer to grow to 30,000, but we have no details, no screenshots, and no idea what you are trying to do. There is no reason you can't edit a nested comp (pre-comp). If you spend 8 hours editing a comp and didn't save some versions or have auto-save turned on you need to rethink your workflow. If you are trying to edit a movie in AE and the comp contains more than one or two shots, then you need to break the comp up into smaller sections that are one or two shots long, render them, then do the editing in Premiere Pro.

To find the problem, select all layers in all comps including pre-comps, press 'uu' to reveal all modified properties on all those layers, and start looking for things that may cause problems. If you don't have any idea what is going wrong, start turning off any effects that cause image size to increase like Motion Tile. Figure out if you have any assets (footage) in the layer that is not at an effective scale of 100% at some time in the comp like a huge PSD file. Give us some workflow details, system details, and AE version numbers. Tell us what kind of footage you have in the comp. Give us something to work with and we can probably help you figure it out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0