• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't get freeze frame to work

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a layer that has scrolling text on it (Red Giant Universe: Screen Text) The pug-in never stops the text from scrolling, so I want to freeze a frame of text at a certain point.

I duplicated the layer, precomposed it, and tried Time>Freeze Frame at the position I wanted. But the text in the comp still scrolls. I get the time remap thing and a little square keyframe appears in the timeline at the frame position, but the text keeps scrolling and the square keyframe doesn't seem to have any effect on anything at all when I drag it around.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Time Remapping instead on the pre comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you move all attributes to the precomp when you precomposed?  If you didn't check that box in the Precompose dialog, the Screen text plugin will be applied to the precomp layer in the main comp.  You need the plugin to be applied inside the precomp.

Try precompose again with the "Move attributes" box checked an you should have more success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! That did it... I thought I had tried that (I was clicking everything I could 🙂 ) but I guess not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines