Highlighted

Can't move speed graph past just over 1000

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! This is my first time posting on this so bear with me if I don't make sense:

I'm trying to edit a speed graph so that it starts flat then goes up or down to about 2200, but it won't let me edit the line to make it go past just over 1000? I'm sorry if this is silly, I'm new to AE.

aesucks.PNG

Topics

Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't move speed graph past just over 1000

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! This is my first time posting on this so bear with me if I don't make sense:

I'm trying to edit a speed graph so that it starts flat then goes up or down to about 2200, but it won't let me edit the line to make it go past just over 1000? I'm sorry if this is silly, I'm new to AE.

aesucks.PNG

Topics

Error or problem, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE, you cannot set the speed directly, but values. The change of those values in time is the speed. If you want to speed up, you need more value per time. Increate the end value of your animation or move the end keyframe further to the left.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Martin said, your speed is limited because there is only so much time between keyframes. If you want it to go faster you need to put the keyframes closer together:

Screenshot_2020-04-08 14.39.24_W4Z7zC.png

You can move the Bezier handle for a keyframe speed graph from the keyframe to halfway to the next keyframe to change the acceleration curve but the maximum speed will always be the ratio between the value change and the time. 

It takes a while to figure out how to interpret what you are seeing in the speed graph. If you think speed is confusing, try figuring out the value graph/speed graph relationship when animating Time Remapping. If I were to try and explain and demonstrate how to get what you expect using the speed graph to animate time it would probably take about an hour.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines