• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't run plug-ins that require licencing, but free plug-ins work

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can smoothly run all plug-ins that do not require license, but I just can't run plug-ins that require licence verification. Error message such as the ones in the picture show up.  I have all the license code, and I have validated them in the aescipt manager app. (In case the picture is too small, the message says: "after Effects warning: ERROR: The system cannot find the file specified." and "unable to execute script at line 6. Undefined is not an object.")

I have asked two help center agents and all of them could not offer me a satisfactory answer. Please help. 

1.png

2.png

  

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Start by making sure you actually have compatible versions of the plug-ins. Unfortunately these days almost every AE update requires updated plug-ins as well. Other than that this could simply be issues with file and registry access outside AE, so make sure you have sufficient user privileges/ file permissions and things like Windows folder protection are configured correctly, should you use it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by making sure you actually have compatible versions of the plug-ins. Unfortunately these days almost every AE update requires updated plug-ins as well. Other than that this could simply be issues with file and registry access outside AE, so make sure you have sufficient user privileges/ file permissions and things like Windows folder protection are configured correctly, should you use it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry to trouble you, I am really grateful for your help, but I dont have the knowledge to carry out your advice. Could you tell me if I am missing anything other than what I tried below?

I've tried 1: making sure that the current plug-in version works on the latest AE version on other device, 2:making sure controlled folder access is turned off, 3: making sure that the JSXBIN file in the script UI panel folder grants user permission to cull control and etc. would there be anything else that I may be missing? 

Your help is being really helpful. I thank you so much for your kindness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved the issue! It turns out that there is a bug with Windows Korean Systems, which I go by. The programmers of plug-ins made an update for me, and the issue was solved. What Mylenium said in this post was absolutely correct. Thank you Mylenium. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines