Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't select easy ease in After effects

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

My problem is that I can't select easy ease in After effects. I searched for a solution for a long time, but I couldn't find one. I tried to set the keyframe interpolation to linear, but that didn't work either.

20200526_145131.jpg

20200526_145152.jpg

  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot apply easy ease to a hold keyframe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean? sorry, i just got after effects and am still learning, im trying to add easy ease and it wont work. I have used other apps and softwares like this in the past that used graphs and havent had a problem, thats why im confused sorry for responging 2 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have changed the keyframe to a Hold keyframe. That means everything stops moving when you get to the hold keyframe. Easy ease applies a speed curve before and after a keyframe, but because you have made the keyframe a hold keyframe, there is no speed change after the keyframe, so there is nothing to ease. That is why you can not apply Easy Ease to a Hold keyframe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Option or Alt click the square keyframe (the square indicates that temporal keyframe interpolation is set to Hold) until it shows as a diamond (indicating that temporal keyframe interpolation is set to Linear).  You should then be able to use the Easy Ease Keyframe Assistant as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines