• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use the scroll bar on the timeline...

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue seems simpe, but its leaving After Effects completely useless to me right now as I can hover over the scroll bar and the mouse detects it, but I can't drag it to scroll across the timeline. Another related issue is that whenever I try to scroll across the timeline another way like by dragging the cursor along, it just scrolls back to the beginning automatically. 

The problem only just about ten minutes ago started occurring, I'm using the same setup as always, my PC and Huion monitor. The screen res should have nothing to do with the issue though as I've tried it on two different monitors. I've tried using it on differnet projects, and have also updated to the latest version of After Effects, which I just gopt nmotified today about, and still the issue remains.

TOPICS
Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't know. You have not even provided basic info about your system, much less anything specific about teh project or things like your screen configuration and input devices. For all we know this could be utterly unrealted to AE itself but be a generic input issue e.g. with a tablet. You need to do much better and provide specific details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A screencapture of the issue would be helpful. It's hard to understand what is going on.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem only just started occuring across all of my projects within After Effects, where I cannot use the scroll bar or the timeline at all; when I drag the icon across the timeline, it just automatically scrolls back on its own. I also cannot change the resolution of the comp or change the camera or the view so that I have alternate views of my project. 

I'm using a PC, please ask for any other details, as I'm not really that savy when it comes to specs and PC terms. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines