Highlighted

Can you change openGL settings in after effects?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why i cannot change the openGL settings? i have been trying for hours but the setting is always set to intel uhd and i want to use my dedicated gpu. gpusettings.png

Topics

Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can you change openGL settings in after effects?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why i cannot change the openGL settings? i have been trying for hours but the setting is always set to intel uhd and i want to use my dedicated gpu. gpusettings.png

Topics

Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot tells me you are running AE 2019 or earlier, most likely on a gaming laptop with an Intel processor and an NVIDIA GPU. The GPU is being used for Ray-Traced rendering and if it is working for Ray Traced rendering then your GPU is properly set up for that. I'm pretty sure that the open GL settings are related to the driver version for the NVIDIA card. They are not selectable in the Preferences panel. You could try the Project settings. In your case, Open GL has reverted to the onboard Intel Graphics driver. You might want to check with NVIDIA or your laptop manufacturer. Ray Traced rendering was always problematic and that's why it was dropped in CC 2020.

I am no windows expert but I suspect that the only way to fix this problem may be a GPU driver update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to change. OpenGL will always use the system's primary OGL client and it's driver. The only way would be to completely shut off the intel stuff, ideally in the BIOS/ EFI, of course at the cost of higher power consumption and other potential side effects.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines