• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot add After Effects projects to Media Encoder

Contributor ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating Media Encoder  and After Effects I can no longer add After Effect projects to Media Encoder. When I select 'Add to AME queue' it will show up in the Media Encoder queue but fails rendering as it cannot read from source disk. When I import a After Effects project directly into AME then it says 'this project cannot be imported'. Have tried cleaning caches, prefs, and saving as a new project - nothing works.

I can render within After Effects though. I never had this issue until I udated to the latest versions.

Any ideas?

iMac 27'

MacOS Catalina 10.15.4

After Effects 17.0.6 

Media Encoder 14.1

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the occasional issue where it's lost the dynamic connection to After Effects.  I'm thinking you covered everything if you shut down AE, restarted, etc but sometimes the media encoder needs to be restarted manually.  By that, I mean go to task manager and if it's running, shut it down. Then restart AE and try again.  Your error could indicate something else but it's worth a simple try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all these methods but to no avail.

I am in the middle of a urgent project so I rolled back and now working again.

Also, I turned off automatic updates as I'm sick of the problems that arise with every update!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue just happened to me last night! I too, have a business to work on, and Adobe has yet to contact me on this issue. I'm seeing lots of recent post regarding this issue, so hopefully they will come out with some sort of fix ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the issue. Please check out the following Community post for more information on this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/unable-to-render-export-after-effects-comps-through-med...

Let us know it if there are any other questions.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stevenprobets and lukejeffes,

We understand that this isn’t an ideal situation for you and the After Effects team has been working hard to fix it. The good news is that they are testing a fix in the latest beta build of After Effects. If you’re interested to give it a shot, you can download the beta version from your Creative Cloud desktop application. Choose the Beta apps category on the left side in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Beta apps are a separate install and don't interfere with other Adobe apps.

More info on public beta:
Blog: https://theblog.adobe.com/introducing-public-beta/
FAQ: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Let us know if the beta version fixes this for you.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

The issue has been fixed in the latest release of After Effects (17.1). Please install the update and test.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines