Highlighted

Cannot move path point in After Effects

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm sure I'm missing something very basic but after hours of research and experimenting I can't seem to find an answer to this. I want to move one anchor point to a different position but every time I try to select that one anchor point and move it for another key frame, I end up moving the entire shape. I tried using the free transform and was able to move it for one keyframe, but when I try to make another, it won't let me and instead ends up moving the entire shape.

I'm trying to animate an eye that is opening. I want it to open slightly at first and then open to a full circle.

I've posted some pictures here. The first one shows a successful movement of the eye opening slightly. The second shows what happens when I try to move that middle anchor point for the upper eyelid. It transforms the entire shape.

If anyone has an idea of what I'm missing, it would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

AEProblem1.jpg

AEProblem2.jpg

  

Topics

Expressions, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot move path point in After Effects

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm sure I'm missing something very basic but after hours of research and experimenting I can't seem to find an answer to this. I want to move one anchor point to a different position but every time I try to select that one anchor point and move it for another key frame, I end up moving the entire shape. I tried using the free transform and was able to move it for one keyframe, but when I try to make another, it won't let me and instead ends up moving the entire shape.

I'm trying to animate an eye that is opening. I want it to open slightly at first and then open to a full circle.

I've posted some pictures here. The first one shows a successful movement of the eye opening slightly. The second shows what happens when I try to move that middle anchor point for the upper eyelid. It transforms the entire shape.

If anyone has an idea of what I'm missing, it would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

AEProblem1.jpg

AEProblem2.jpg

  

Topics

Expressions, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, given that the stroke looks utterly skewed chances are you are making a complete mess of your shape layer groups and their transforms, i.e. there is some form of massive scaling with the anchor point being a million miles off. fixing that issue likely will greatly improve things. and given your antialiasing pattern it also seems you are working at a pretty tiny scale, exacerbating any transform precision problems, so a second bit of advice would have to be to work bigger and then scale things down later. Everything else appears to be normal.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines