Highlighted

Cannot see anything in preview screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help...I know this dead horse has been kicked repeatedly in the support community, but I cannot find an answer and I am now at my wits end. I am new to After Effects....I have watched the video starter turtorial as recommended and have done EXACTLY as they have said.

I cannot get ANYTHING to show up in the preview screen...period. Nothing!

Please...if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I am very proficient in Premier Pro and Photoshop...both work great on my desktop. But this app perplexes me. 

Best Regards,

Adam

Correct answer by sogoodtaya | Community Beginner

If anyone comes across this thread..I fixed the problem. As Mylenium said, it is  hardware issue. I went to Best Buy and purchased a new Nvidia GT 1030 video card for $110 and AE 2020 works great. I'm just doing logo stings and some simple intro/extro work for our website. If you are doing anything more hardcore you will definitely need a "more expensive" graphics card. 

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cannot see anything in preview screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help...I know this dead horse has been kicked repeatedly in the support community, but I cannot find an answer and I am now at my wits end. I am new to After Effects....I have watched the video starter turtorial as recommended and have done EXACTLY as they have said.

I cannot get ANYTHING to show up in the preview screen...period. Nothing!

Please...if anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I am very proficient in Premier Pro and Photoshop...both work great on my desktop. But this app perplexes me. 

Best Regards,

Adam

Correct answer by sogoodtaya | Community Beginner

If anyone comes across this thread..I fixed the problem. As Mylenium said, it is  hardware issue. I went to Best Buy and purchased a new Nvidia GT 1030 video card for $110 and AE 2020 works great. I'm just doing logo stings and some simple intro/extro work for our website. If you are doing anything more hardcore you will definitely need a "more expensive" graphics card. 

TOPICS
Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact system info and other technical details nobody can tell you much. That aside, and I know it will aggravate you, the same old solutions/ answers you already found apply, unsatisfying as it may be. You clearly have some sort of graphics issue which boils down to checking, updating and configuring your drivers as well as the respective options in AE.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium. I will treat this as a hardware issue and start investigating there. Any more comments on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know.

Much appreciated.

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0