Highlighted

Cant draw a mask on a layer video (tool creates shape/mask greyed out)

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Im trying to draw a mask on a video layer (pen tool or rectangle tool) but when I do this, a shape layer is created.

Even if I change to "tool creates mask", when I click back on the video layer, the shape is created again.

I noticed when I click on the shape layer, these options are greyed out and I cant create any kind of mask.

I wasnt like this before, I dont know what Ive done.

Even if I create a mask on a shape layer, cntr + c and ctrl + v on the video layer, the mask functions doesnt work, path, feather, opacity and expansion do not work.

Does anybody can help me? Thanx.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cant draw a mask on a layer video (tool creates shape/mask greyed out)

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Im trying to draw a mask on a video layer (pen tool or rectangle tool) but when I do this, a shape layer is created.

Even if I change to "tool creates mask", when I click back on the video layer, the shape is created again.

I noticed when I click on the shape layer, these options are greyed out and I cant create any kind of mask.

I wasnt like this before, I dont know what Ive done.

Even if I create a mask on a shape layer, cntr + c and ctrl + v on the video layer, the mask functions doesnt work, path, feather, opacity and expansion do not work.

Does anybody can help me? Thanx.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot can help us understand your problem, may your footage layer is locked or so.

try to post screenshot shows us your AE interface 

-Oussk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sorry. I dind't think about a screenshot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. A screenshot and at least some info about your system, your composition, your footage and so on are required to even come up with an educated guess.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I opened AE, but now its working correctly. I don't know what Ive done.

But thank you both for your atention.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0