Highlighted

cant get Geforce GTX 1060 6GB to be used in after effect 2020

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processor is a i7-8750H @2.20Ghz

I have disabled my onboard integrated graphics and now get this when I check GPU information

I have added my GPU name in the the raytracer file as many other videos and posts suggest but hasnt changed anything

Need help please?

GPU.PNG

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Processor is a i7-8750H @2.20Ghz

I have disabled my onboard integrated graphics and now get this when I check GPU information

I have added my GPU name in the the raytracer file as many other videos and posts suggest but hasnt changed anything

Need help please?

GPU.PNG

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that you are having compatibility issues between After Effects and GPU.

If the GPU drivers are not updated then you may have such issues with After Effects. I would suggest to go to GPU manufacturer's website and check if the drivers are updated to the latest version.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

NKush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nkush

I have the latest drivers installed as per the image below

Nvidia.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\AEGPUSniffer.exe

What name do you get if you run the application above? Did you add the exact name of the graphic card which Sniffer displays in the raytracer_supported_cards.txt?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes , it is a GeForce GTX 1060 which is exactly what I added in the raytracer.txt file

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt reset the prefences however I reactivated the onbaord graphics card and restarted After Effects and now got the below screen in after effects.

If it shows this screen below now on GPU information, does this mean that it will be using the GPU?

Secondly would it be using OpenGL or can I somehow get it to use CUDA

ThanksGPU.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not find "this sreen below" you have mentioned. If you can see the information on GPU information window in After Effects, it should work fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPU.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems to work fine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i'm currently having the same issues and i have also done all the previous steps mentioned above with no resolve...

Any fresh updates ? i've jus completely upated every possible software & driver update.

Im running the

Ge Force GTX 1060 with a

Processor is a i7-9750H @2.60Ghz

16 GB of Ram

Dell XPS 15

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines