Highlighted

Cant import AI Jpgs into AE (both 2020 versions, though problem started in 2019 I think)

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to import JPGs or PNGs in AE that were created in AI. For example I draw a storyboard with maybe 40 panels (in AI Artboards), and now I export the artboards as JPGs. I import these into inDesign to create a storyboard, works fine. Now I want import the same jpgs into AE to create an animated Storyboard. But in AE all the 40 JPGs show the image of the first artboard. How is that even possible?????? In the older version (2019) I could at least import those JPGs into Photoshop layers, and then import the PSD to AE and that worked. In AE2020 even that stopped working!!! AE now only imports one layer of the PSD. And I tryed it with the layers as smart objects and also with rasterized layers, both dont work. Thats nerve wrecking, a JPG should be a JPG and I should be able to import that into AE! So: what is wrong????? Would you fix that please, or offer a workaround?

Kind regards 

Daniel

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cant import AI Jpgs into AE (both 2020 versions, though problem started in 2019 I think)

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to import JPGs or PNGs in AE that were created in AI. For example I draw a storyboard with maybe 40 panels (in AI Artboards), and now I export the artboards as JPGs. I import these into inDesign to create a storyboard, works fine. Now I want import the same jpgs into AE to create an animated Storyboard. But in AE all the 40 JPGs show the image of the first artboard. How is that even possible?????? In the older version (2019) I could at least import those JPGs into Photoshop layers, and then import the PSD to AE and that worked. In AE2020 even that stopped working!!! AE now only imports one layer of the PSD. And I tryed it with the layers as smart objects and also with rasterized layers, both dont work. Thats nerve wrecking, a JPG should be a JPG and I should be able to import that into AE! So: what is wrong????? Would you fix that please, or offer a workaround?

Kind regards 

Daniel

Topics

Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Guide ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you didn't import the JPEGs as image sequence.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't do that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't make sure, or you didn't import them as image sequence?

What is unclear to me: you did export the artboards as jpegs. I assume you checked the jpegs using a image viewer and found them to be 40 individual images and not one image 40 times.

Now you import them into AE - not as image sequence - and AE is showing all 40 jpegs to be the same.

If this is all correct so far, try to purge cache and see, if this is any helpful. 

You can also try to import them as image sequence and check if the result is as expected.

Nothing of this might be the solution, but it would help to enclose the issue.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt import them as a sequence, or better said I tryed both. 

Anyway, it was my mistake, I had the rec709 color profile, but forgot to check the rgb document setting. Now it works. 

Thank you.

Kind regards 

Daniel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the JPEG files are CMYK, use Photoshop convert them to RGB prior to importing them into After Effects.  You can save a Photoshop Action for this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was my mistake, I had the rec709 color profile, but forgot to check the rgb document setting. Now it works. 

Thank you.

Kind regards 

Daniel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines