• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant save my project transparent

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening, I recently start using after effects, but I dont know how to save my projects transparent, I already try RGB+alpha and all that but it still doesnt work. Can someone help me please, Thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. If you are saving RGB+alpha then it should be correct. How are you viewing the file (some viewers show the alpha as black or white)? Load your file into After Effects to double check that the alpha is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lossless sith alpha preset in the Output Module will give you transparency if there is transparency in your comp. You can check that by enabling the transparency grid.

Video files with transparent will have Black Backgrounds if they are opened in a Media Player. You have to import them into an NLE or After Effects before the transparency works. 

After you render, Import the file into AE, select the file in the Project Panel, and check the info for the file. If you can't figure it out post a screenshot using the toolbar so we can see it. 

Unless you are an expert in video formats and compression you should only be using the presets to render your files. Fiddling around with compression settings and codecs will almost always get a novice into trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without any info on actual render settings nobody can tell you much. My guess would have to be that you are using a format that doesn't support transparency to begin with and/ or are viewing the file in an app that doesn't support transparency, so it appears opaque despite the Alpha channel being there. There#s always two sides to the coin with this.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines