Highlighted

Cant use Color Libraries

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to After Effects, but not other CC applications. I have a color library that I'm using across Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign. However, while I can open the library in After Effects, I cannot use any colors from it. I don't see any options for creating swatches, nor does the color picker recognize the colors in the Library panel. What am I missing? Or, is something broken inside of After Effects that requires a service request or other update? My graphics card is completely up-to-date, so I don't think that is an issue. Please help!

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Import and export, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cant use Color Libraries

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to After Effects, but not other CC applications. I have a color library that I'm using across Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign. However, while I can open the library in After Effects, I cannot use any colors from it. I don't see any options for creating swatches, nor does the color picker recognize the colors in the Library panel. What am I missing? Or, is something broken inside of After Effects that requires a service request or other update? My graphics card is completely up-to-date, so I don't think that is an issue. Please help!

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, Import and export, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not much wrong here in that it never worked correctly right from the outset. Some of the stuff will never be usable due to how AE's color property controls generally work and the rest is just buggy as heck. Feel free to try and play with your hardware acceleration settings, graphics driver and monitor profile if you use any and perhaps at least the screen colors will be sampled correctly at some point, but otherwise simply forget about it.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0