Highlighted

Car Path Tutorial won't play preview

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustratiing. Simply trying to go through the After Effects Tutorials and am on the "Animate Object to Follow Along a Path" one. I have done everything but when I try to play the preview (by hitting the play button or spacebar or  numpad 0" it does not play.  My CPU usage jumps but nothing ever happens. I can drag the slider and see the animation but why wont it play?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, How to, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Car Path Tutorial won't play preview

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustratiing. Simply trying to go through the After Effects Tutorials and am on the "Animate Object to Follow Along a Path" one. I have done everything but when I try to play the preview (by hitting the play button or spacebar or  numpad 0" it does not play.  My CPU usage jumps but nothing ever happens. I can drag the slider and see the animation but why wont it play?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, How to, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess something just got stuck as a restart fixed it... seems odd. But the obvious solution I suppose.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem could have been caused by system resources getting used up, then clearing out. 

In the future, when you are having problems with a tutorial, post a link. Thre are more inadequate tutorials presented by enthusiasts that have found a recipe that works for them than there are good ones. If we are going to help you out we need to know what recipe you were trying to follow.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0