Highlighted

Catalina After Effects 2020 / Media Encoder 2020 Not Exporting

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my computer Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2 and my After Effects 2020 and Media Encoder 2020  apps do not work when I try to export my files. It does not work when i do Export > Add to Media Encoder Render Queue and also Export > Add to Render Queue. I get ""Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue." when I do the Adobe Media Encoder render queue option.  It's a 20 second video/animation. It worked fine before I updated to Catalina so I'm not too sure why it's doing this. I read a bunch of forums and tried to solve the issue but nothing is working. Is there a way to uninstall catalina or fix these apps? 

My computer specs:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Processor: 3.5GHz 6-core intel xeon 5

Memory: 16gb 1886 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Mac HD

Graphics: AMD FirePro D500 3 GB

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Catalina After Effects 2020 / Media Encoder 2020 Not Exporting

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my computer Mac OS Catalina 10.15.2 and my After Effects 2020 and Media Encoder 2020  apps do not work when I try to export my files. It does not work when i do Export > Add to Media Encoder Render Queue and also Export > Add to Render Queue. I get ""Adobe Media Encoder has encountered an unexpected error and cannot continue." when I do the Adobe Media Encoder render queue option.  It's a 20 second video/animation. It worked fine before I updated to Catalina so I'm not too sure why it's doing this. I read a bunch of forums and tried to solve the issue but nothing is working. Is there a way to uninstall catalina or fix these apps? 

My computer specs:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)

Processor: 3.5GHz 6-core intel xeon 5

Memory: 16gb 1886 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Mac HD

Graphics: AMD FirePro D500 3 GB

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 13, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the detailed post. I understand that you are having trouble while exporting an After Effects project from Media Encoder. What happens when you import the .aep file directly inside AME?
Looking forward to the response.

Thanks,
Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried that, and it failed as well. it crashes and freezes so i have to restart the application. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. y have the same problem when i updated to Catalina... and if i import directly inside AME says....

Connected to Dynamic link.... the project could not be opened.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem as you, I was exporting a 20 second long video, and the render queue in after effect just keep making the sheep noise, AME just keep failing, and I've been stuck in this situation for a few months and I still can't find the solution to this.

Spec:

MacBook pro 2019
Processor: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory: 16GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 20, 2020 0