Highlighted

Catastrophic Ae Issue

Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I'm in Win 10 with a NVIDIA P6000 GPU using Ae17.1.2(build 37).

I'm working on some new graphic templates for Premiere Pro for a client project. My new fonts would not sync and went to open a previous version of the template made in AeCC2018, I got the error message

"After Effects Error: couldn't find main entry point for BallAction.aex (48::72)"

In fact I cannot open any project from any earlier version.
As I was pressed for time, I made my new template without reference to the earlier projects. When I entered a source text into the essential graphics panel to export the template, I get a warning that 

"the property is unrelated" to the composition I am exporting as a template. I couldn't set a poster time either.

I pressed ahead with a test and when I opened the template in PPr, it was just a blank screen, although the the text can be edited (if I could see it...)

Can anyone suggest where I can start trouble shooting. I have cleared the cache. Should I now just run the latest update that pinged into The manager yesterday or should I uninstall this version first?

Regards,

Graham

Topics

Dynamic link, Error or problem, Import and export, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Catastrophic Ae Issue

Enthusiast ,
Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I'm in Win 10 with a NVIDIA P6000 GPU using Ae17.1.2(build 37).

I'm working on some new graphic templates for Premiere Pro for a client project. My new fonts would not sync and went to open a previous version of the template made in AeCC2018, I got the error message

"After Effects Error: couldn't find main entry point for BallAction.aex (48::72)"

In fact I cannot open any project from any earlier version.
As I was pressed for time, I made my new template without reference to the earlier projects. When I entered a source text into the essential graphics panel to export the template, I get a warning that 

"the property is unrelated" to the composition I am exporting as a template. I couldn't set a poster time either.

I pressed ahead with a test and when I opened the template in PPr, it was just a blank screen, although the the text can be edited (if I could see it...)

Can anyone suggest where I can start trouble shooting. I have cleared the cache. Should I now just run the latest update that pinged into The manager yesterday or should I uninstall this version first?

Regards,

Graham

Topics

Dynamic link, Error or problem, Import and export, Performance, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I have uninstalled 17.1.2 and installed 17.1.3. When I open Ae, I now get a long list if missing plug-ins, which includes 'ballaction.aex': the missing file stopping me from opening earlier projects. The file should be in the programme files folder under Adobe/ After Effects 2020/ support, but the support folder is not there. I managed to save one of my new templates to a library. The other new template saves without warning messages but does not appear in the Library. But I can import the composition via media browser.

Any help that can be given would be appreciated.

Regards,

Graham

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I just made a test template in CC2019 and it shared into my library, which suggests there's a Dynamic Link Issue in 17.1.2/3 (all my Adobe apps were updated yesterday).

Please, anyone. I need to make some new templates urgently. Any thoughts or ideas would be really appreciated on what to do about the missing 'Support' folder and the Dynamic Link not working properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Is anyone out there? Do you need more info?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

I'm really sorry to hear about your issues!

After I read your post, I immediately opened an After Effects 2019 project in After Effects 2020 (17.1.3) to see if I'd get any issues. However, I was able to open it without any issues. I assume that your project is more complex than mine and if it includes any third-party plugins, please remove them temporarily and see if that helps. Also, if you could share a sample project with me, I'd test it on my machine and share it with some engineers if required.

At this point, I'd suggest that you reach out to 1:1 support as that's the fastest way for us to look into your machine. 

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez

Many thanks for getting back to me.

My Dynamic Link started operating as expected  spontaneously 🥳 

Regarding the error message when I open Ae, I spent a couple of hours with Adobe support a day ago. For some reason, the plug-in folder called 'Support' installed at the wrong url address on the PC. The engineer had to put that folder up on the desktop to ensure a stable link and the plug-ins are working.

The only issue I have now is why I keep getting a warning message when I share a template saying certain fonts aren't installed, when they are (but after the last few days that's a minor niggle😉)

Thank you again for responding. It is much appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that you're up and running again!

Can you share a screenshot or a screen recording of the error?

Happy to help 🙂

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines