Highlighted

CC 2020 AE dynamic link issues

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a very frustrsating issue with dynamic link between premiere pro and after effects. I am trying to import premiere pro sequence into after effects, imports fine the issue comes when dragging the premiere pro dynsamic link clip into the AE timeline or comp. Ae will just freeze up and crash, unreponsive. 

Anyone have any suggestions already tried unistalling AE, reluctant to do clean install of adobe.

Running windows, latest version of all adobe apps. 

2x 1080ti 

64gb ram 

latest verison of windows also. 

Topics

Crash, Dynamic link, FAQ, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CC 2020 AE dynamic link issues

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a very frustrsating issue with dynamic link between premiere pro and after effects. I am trying to import premiere pro sequence into after effects, imports fine the issue comes when dragging the premiere pro dynsamic link clip into the AE timeline or comp. Ae will just freeze up and crash, unreponsive. 

Anyone have any suggestions already tried unistalling AE, reluctant to do clean install of adobe.

Running windows, latest version of all adobe apps. 

2x 1080ti 

64gb ram 

latest verison of windows also. 

Topics

Crash, Dynamic link, FAQ, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you also check your Firewall setting for Dynamic link?

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to bring an entire Sequence into After Effects as a comp? That is almost always a very bad idea unless you sequence is only two or three shots and just a few seconds long. AE is not an editing app. More than 90% of my comps are one shot and less than 7 seconds long. 

AE locking up could be just improper workflow and overwhelming your system resources with unnecessary layers and data.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines