• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cc 2020 rendering freeze

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a problem with rendering atm.. I am using a windows 10 and rendering was working perfectly fine. this morning when I tried to render a project it just freezed. The RAM always stops between 70-75% all I did was add mbl to my video. even tried it on one short clip and still couldn't render it. This usually causes my app to freeze where I can't stop rendering nor close the application. I have to fully restart my laptop to close the app. My project was about 28 seconds long. I have tried to clear the cache but I cannot find where it says "local disk"

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a quick solution try to export using adobe media encoder, then try to uninstall AE using CC cleaner and reinstalled it again 

-Oussk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! I am going to try that now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem happened again (it keeps stopping at 72%)😕

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pxnessur,

Sorry for your issue!

Can you provide more details about your computer configuration?

• RAM
  • CPU
  • GPU
  • Free disk space

The freezing might not be related to the RAM usage. I think it stops at 75% because that's how much memory is allocated to After Effects under Preferences > Memory.

It could be related to MBL. Try rendering a video without applying MBL.

I'd also suggest not to force quit the app. If it goes into a "Not Responding" state, just leave it as it is. It simply means that After Effects is waiting to utilize computer resources. I'd recommend that you close all the other apps that are running in the background, especially Google Chrome.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error was happening to me all the time and I've tried many things to have it works properly and I think I found the source of the problem.

If you are rendering in a different Drive (for example, if you have the project in C: and rendering to D:) it has higher chances of freezing during the rendering.
Try to render in the same folder as the project file is or in Desktop, it may work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sure that that was the solution. But it only works for some projects. The other ones I can't even start rendering that the program freezes and needed to reset the computer.
I've posted a while back a consternation of why adobe programs keep gettin worst and worst and bugs starting to reproduce and it's becoming impossible for adobe programers to fix their own failures.

And they wait that us, the community, find the solutions for their mistakes. Yep, adobe is really getting on my nerves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent HOURS trying to render a 15-secs video (with 3 hard reboots) and it seems moving the files out of an external HDD to C: disk was the solution (I learned it years ago, but I don't know why I didn't think about it this time, I'm so happy to have found your answer!) However, I agree this may be the solution for some cases but not for all of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

36 minutes later, it was too good to be true 😩

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines