Highlighted

CC Page Turn -- First page turns but becomes the constant

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to AE.  I am working on set of video credits which are "book" based.  I have eight (8) pages.  I have them set up as 8 compositions.  Page 1 on it's cc page turn as page 2 as the back, etc.  

The first page turns and I see the appropriate page 2 and page 3.  When Page 3, 5, & 7 turn, their associated back pages fold under Page 2?

The order of my composition is:  Page 1; Page 3; Page 5; Page 7.  With pages 2, 4, 6, and 8 with visibility turned off.

I believe it may be an ordering issue.  I have tried several different orders, but just can't seem to nail it down.

Any help you can provide would be greatly apprediated.  

Topics

How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CC Page Turn -- First page turns but becomes the constant

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to AE.  I am working on set of video credits which are "book" based.  I have eight (8) pages.  I have them set up as 8 compositions.  Page 1 on it's cc page turn as page 2 as the back, etc.  

The first page turns and I see the appropriate page 2 and page 3.  When Page 3, 5, & 7 turn, their associated back pages fold under Page 2?

The order of my composition is:  Page 1; Page 3; Page 5; Page 7.  With pages 2, 4, 6, and 8 with visibility turned off.

I believe it may be an ordering issue.  I have tried several different orders, but just can't seem to nail it down.

Any help you can provide would be greatly apprediated.  

Topics

How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a misunderstanding there. Of course you still need to stagger the layers correctly in time and trim them. Applying an effect to one layer will not automatically cancel out the other layers below it as you seem to think.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium, 

Thank  you for your reply.  I did not realize that I had to stagger the comps (again, I am new) in order to set focus on each.  In the video I utlized to learn this technique it appears the author did this (stagger) but must have assumed that everyone would understand (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHC66unfaz4&t=317s).  I have done the stager, but do I also need to either trim the ends (seems abrupt) or is there a better solution to keep the lower page as the new page comes on top?  I thought maybe opacity, but I do not believe that would resolve the issue.

Thank you again for your help.  I would gladly accept any additional advise.  I will continue to research and learn how to accomplish this.

⭐ Magazine Promo Template ➨ http://bit.ly/Magazinefpfx ⭐Learn How to Create BETTER and MORE ENGAGING Videos With VIDEO EFFECTS ➨ https://www.flatpackfx.com/p...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines