• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Center anchor point?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a starburst using the scale property. Keyframe at beginning at 100% > keyframe at end - 200%.

But I can't figure out how to have it expand evenly in all directions - which it would do if the anchor point were in the center of the circular starburst ( at least I think that's the problem?) Is there a way that I can fix the anchor point in the center so that the star / starburst doesn't also seem to "wander off" sideways as it grows. Many thanks for the help!

AE CS5.5

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

To change the position of the anchor point:

1. Select the layer for which you want to change the anchor point

2. Select the anchor point tool from the toolbar or use the keyboard shortcut (y)

3. Position the anchor point (looks like scope crosshairs with a circle)

A frame grab is attached.

You can also automatically move the anchor point to the center of your layer with the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Alt + Home) if using Windows.anchor_point.png

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the position of the anchor point:

1. Select the layer for which you want to change the anchor point

2. Select the anchor point tool from the toolbar or use the keyboard shortcut (y)

3. Position the anchor point (looks like scope crosshairs with a circle)

A frame grab is attached.

You can also automatically move the anchor point to the center of your layer with the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + Alt + Home) if using Windows.anchor_point.png

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dcfreelancealot. Many thanks - this is perfection! I've written down those keystrokes! Again, many thanks for the generosity of your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.  Also, I just realized that you are using version 5.5 in which case the Ctrl+Alt+Home keyboard shortcut will not work to automatically center the anchor point for your shape/mask layer.

Instead, you can hold the Ctrl (or Cmd) button and double-click the anchor point tool to center the anchor point for a selected layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thank you. Wow. Thank you, truly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2015 Aug 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using AE 5.5

When I Alt + double click on the achor tool it seems like the point moves to tha center of the image i have selected but the image moves away like the point it just moving and the distance to the image is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for mac, comand + boble click on anchor point tool, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on a mac keyboard, what is the home key? option + command + ???? what key? It's not the up or left or right or down arrows. What is that 3rd symbol? hyphen? Dash?

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 4.22.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the third symbol is left click

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control+Alt+Home doesn't work for me at all. Nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

home????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just press Ctrl/ Cmd and double click the Anchor Point tool. It should go to the centre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines