• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CEP Extensions not showing in menu if installed to system Library [SOLVED]

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been like this for a little while and across versions of After Effects. I don't know what setting I have changed along the way, but After Effects only displays Extensions installed to ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/ but not /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/

Works as expected on another computer of mine. Any thoughts?

SOLUTION

I trashed my CEP folder in /Library/Application Support/Adobe/ and re-installed an extension using ZXP Installer from aescripts.

macOS Mojave 10.14.6
After Effects 17.1.2

TOPICS
Error or problem , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably caused by folder permissions getting corrupted on Mac, I've ran into this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Though not related to the install path, one may have the same problem if the version number does not respect a given regular expression.

That regular expression that Premiere Pro / CEP demand depends on the manifest version number. You can find it here for example: 

\d{1,9}(\.\d{1,9}(\.\d{1,9}(\.(\w|_|-)+)?)?)?

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/blob/03e456ecb2ad81900f0d57a8b4508a8a825d0a83/CEP_8.x/Ext... 

Example on Regex101: https://regex101.com/r/rY94f1/1

Basically, a version named 2.0.1-alpha2 will not match and your extension will not show up in the menus.

On the other hand, a version named 2.0.1.alpha2 will match and make your extension show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines