Highlighted

Change language without reinstalling?

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the default language of After Effects without uninstalling and reinstalling? I've found tons of articles on how to do it with older versions, but none of them are current.

Thank you.

Hello:

Thank you. I tried that, but unfortunately that only affects MacOS/Finder, but not After Effects. I just re-installed after all. I tried searching everywhere for a different solution, but it seems that there's no way to change the language in CC like you used to be able to in CS. Oh well. Re-installing wasn't that bad. I was just trying to avoid the hassle, but it worked out okay.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Change language without reinstalling?

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

Does anyone know if there's a way to change the default language of After Effects without uninstalling and reinstalling? I've found tons of articles on how to do it with older versions, but none of them are current.

Thank you.

Hello:

Thank you. I tried that, but unfortunately that only affects MacOS/Finder, but not After Effects. I just re-installed after all. I tried searching everywhere for a different solution, but it seems that there's no way to change the language in CC like you used to be able to in CS. Oh well. Re-installing wasn't that bad. I was just trying to avoid the hassle, but it worked out okay.

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

If you are a Windows user and want to switch any languages to English, you create an empty text file and save it named ae_force_english.txt into My Docuument folder.

If you are a Mac user, you switch the language in System preferences -> Language & Region.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm on a Mac, and my After Effects is in English already. I'm trying to temporarily change it to either Italian or German.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice. It works on windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey so im on a mac and i changed it from spanish to english but it doesnt seem to work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I don't know why the Adobe CC language system is so terrible but this fix worked (for now). even if you have to ask your self why this should work in the first place >.<

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¡Funcionó, Gracias!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
abelg LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, it works like charm. Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You just change the order of the language to set it. You move Italian or German up to the top.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/08/09/mac-how-to-change-language-and-region/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

Thank you for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. The only way to change the language of an CC app (that is already installed on your computer) is by reinstalling it:
» Change the language setting of your Creative Cloud apps

ToolfarmJP's trick only works for 'Creative Suite' apps.

Best Regards, Maurice

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines