Exit

change the shape path of a mask

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

sorry for my english 

i need help! when i create a mask in after effects with pen tool, im not able to modify the path, just the size. 

the shape points are only editable if I add one more. 

I try to double click on the point I want to edit, but open a box to change the size 

i dont want to change the size, i want to change the path 

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In composition panel, clic with Selection tool in some empty space to unselect the path, then go back to pen tool and clic in a point in the path. Now you can modify all vertice points independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Path must be selected in the Timeline, then the selection tool will change to a white filled arrow as you approach a point or a line. You can drag a selection around points or select a point when you hover over one that is not selected (open square) or a line. Pressing the g key to select the pen tool also gives you access to point editing tools. 

Check out this quick tip tutorial I dod a long time ago:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines