Highlighted

changing lip color in after effects

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lip stick smudge on a mirror that I am trying to animate. All I want it to do is every 5 seconds to change to another color. Bonus points if it fades into another color. And then loop back to the begining. It seems like something super easy to do AE but I can't figure it out. Any help for a newbie?

~Brett

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

changing lip color in after effects

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lip stick smudge on a mirror that I am trying to animate. All I want it to do is every 5 seconds to change to another color. Bonus points if it fades into another color. And then loop back to the begining. It seems like something super easy to do AE but I can't figure it out. Any help for a newbie?

~Brett

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing a reference frame clearly would help, but how 'bout basic masking and applying an effect like Hue/ Saturation?

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you added the lipstick smudge to the mirror it is already on a separate layer, if it is in the shot you'll need to separate the lipstick smudge from the background. This typically involves motion tracking, masking, and creating a procedural matte. 

Once you get the smudge on a separate layer you can animate color corrections or fills. There is not much to it after you get the smudge on a separate layer. Show us a screenshot or the footage and give us some more details about the shot and we can give you some suggestions that will point you to an efficient workflow.

This one:

Screenshot_2020-07-11 12.30.50_11iY24.png 

Would require a fair amount of work. Probably a couple of hours.

This one:

Screenshot_2020-07-11 12.34.32_B74Qpu.png

Would be a lot easier.

If you have not shot the footage yet careful planning, lighting, and attention paid to putting things in the scene that will make it easier to pull a matte or do some roto will save you a lot of time. You can't expect to just grab a camera and shoot something, then isolate elements and create the visual effects you want. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 11, 2020 0