Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing working color space crashes After Effects

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been pulling my hair out over the past three days with a color issue. I'm working with a client on a piece of motion graphics and they require hex-exact colors. I am matching the colors in After effects, but they report the colors coming out different then I send them the files.

I've read a bunch about color space, and it seems like I've identified the problem: I need to change my color space in After Effects, but I can't. Whenever I change my "working space" in color settings to anything other than "none", After Effects will consistently throw and error and crash the first time I try playing through the composition. I've tried different color spaces, and it all acts the same. The error says a different thing every time.

Is something wrong with my computer or monitor? I've had issues with color space before, and I think figuring out this issue could help enlighten me on what's going on.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you also check the value of Gamma?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean - under "Assume working Gamma" in project settings, it says "2.4 (Rec709)" but it's greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess you also need to check the setting of your monitor as well as your project setting. Are CGIs included in your project? In this case, the gamma is 1.0 and you would need to set it as a scene linear color space. Is the color space set as Rec709 with the original source all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines