Highlighted

CIDFont, CMap and Font Folder

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated AE to 17.0.3 today and now when I open a project it creates 3 Folders CIDFont, CMap and Font each containing a .lst file. Do these have a purpose?

When I open a project within AE these folders will not be created.

Is there an option to not create these folders, like it was until today?

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed in After Effects 17.0.6. Please update your app and let us know if it doesn't resolve your issue.

For details, visit the fixed issues page.

Thanks,

Rameez

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CIDFont, CMap and Font Folder

Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated AE to 17.0.3 today and now when I open a project it creates 3 Folders CIDFont, CMap and Font each containing a .lst file. Do these have a purpose?

When I open a project within AE these folders will not be created.

Is there an option to not create these folders, like it was until today?

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed in After Effects 17.0.6. Please update your app and let us know if it doesn't resolve your issue.

For details, visit the fixed issues page.

Thanks,

Rameez

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 20, 2020 10
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, please help us! Thx 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem, what is it for?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the problem recently, probably since the last update. I often work with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustratror.
I can tell which program is causing this, but possibly the CC software?
The folders are always created automatically in the Win 10 user document folder. Is annoying 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These folders end up on my desktop when using Photoshop on a Windows 10 machine.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem in PSCC 21.1.0.

Have never seen this before the latest update several days ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue and will be fixed in a future update. You can safely remove these folders in the meantime.

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 21, 2020 3
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can't understand why don't you check the result of your updates before you make them available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 4
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure they do. It's incredibly difficult to account for every scenario that might happen when you're making software. Something like this is minor and doesn't cause damage, so it's harder to catch than something that is more apparent, like causing your computer to crash, for example.

If you don't want to wait, revert back to the last version from Creative Cloud and the problem will stop for you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 2
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened to me after updating the the latest version of Creative Cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020 0