• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema 4D File Importing Issue Shortening the Sequence

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any and every file I import from Cinema 4D into After Effects has the sequence much shorter than the file in Cinema 4D. But it is always 3 seconds long. I have adjusted the length in Cinema 4D. I have also clean installed after effects and all. I am on a mac with the newest version of the OS and the Cloud.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

The problem is that you are not using the My Render Settings, you are using the My Render Settings.1. This white icon on the left of your renders setting is what you need to change. Change it, save it and reload the file in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you send a screenshot for how you adjusted the length in C4D?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.08.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.08.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eeesh! I'm not used to seeing C4D list time in seconds! I'm SO used to seeing it in frames!

Anyway, what are your render settings in your C4D file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only depends on the C4D project settings. Check the render settings in Cinema 4D (Command+B). Probably is not correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked my render settings but it is rendering all frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is After Effects interpreting the frame rate of this image sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to change your C4D project to frames (F) instead of Seconds (S). It looks like AE is not interpreting your C4D file as seconds.

Also, enter into C4D preferences and be sure to check the Save Polygons for Melange and Save Animation for Melange under the Files category

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2017 Aug 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made those changes but it still has not fixed it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried the same issue on multiple machines and software. I even split the animation into separate files and the files would still play 3 seconds each set of 30f but still played 3 seconds of the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you upload your C4D file vía Dropbox or something similar so I can check it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In you render settings...look at where it says "frame range">"From-To".    It says it's rendering from frame 0, To frame 90.   That's about 3 second, right? 

-thumb03.jpg

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd, I have had mine set to this the entire time. But even after setting it to different frame count it still is 3 seconds...Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 2.26.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adamc15278454  wrote

But even after setting it to different frame count it still is 3 seconds...

Not likely.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem I have been having.

ice_screenshot_20170824-163812.pngice_screenshot_20170824-163838.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show a screenshot of your entire render settings.  Not just the tiny part that you think matters.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I have a question for you.  You claim you had your render settings set to 1500 frames the entire time.  Yet the file you uploaded had two render settings.  One set to 90 frames and one set to 0 frames.  How do you explain that?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed them trying to find a work around. I eventually made saved separate files incrementally 30 frames apart so that in theory I could place them together in AE and have the full animation. This did not work, even after deleting the key frames other than the 30 I segmented for each section of the animation, only the first 30 of the original played in AE. I uploaded the multiple screenshots as I went along and made changes. Here is the project as is.Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 8.42.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-24 at 8.41.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed them trying to find a work around. I eventually made saved separate files incrementally 30 frames apart so that in theory I could place them together in AE and have the full animation. This did not work, even after deleting the key frames other than the 30 I segmented for each section of the animation, only the first 30 of the original played in AE. I uploaded the multiple screenshots as I went along and made changes. Here is the project as is.

So why do your render settings 0-168?

And what do your other render settings say?

And which one of them are you rendering?

And what do keyframes have to do with anything?

Sorry bro...it seems to me you just have absolutely no clue & I'm out of time.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to keep it simple, forget all of that. I still need help. My situation is this:

I have Cinema 4D Lite. I have a model of a iPhone in C4D that has an animation of 168 frames. When placed into a sequence in After Effects (sequence is set to be longer than 168 frames) the C4D sequence is only 3 seconds long (or 90 frames). I have changed the render and project settings in Cinema 4D to be 168f as well as well beyond that (below is 168f) but still have this issue. I have tried multiple machines and clean installed the programs yet the problem persist. I really appreciate any help. I this is my first project so I might be missing something small.

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 8.41.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-24 at 8.42.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-thumb.jpg

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adamc,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if you have or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that you are not using the My Render Settings, you are using the My Render Settings.1. This white icon on the left of your renders setting is what you need to change. Change it, save it and reload the file in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines