• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema 4d lite into after effects blank screen

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to get into 3D design for a while, sticking to the basic adobe dimensions but for the last week I've been following tutorials and creating stuff on cinema 4d lite- only thing is once I've finished using cinema 4d and want to put it into after effects I can't see what I've created- just a blank screen. I'm new to cinema 4d so if anyone can explain what I'm doing wrong then I'd really appreciate the help! Really frustrated as I spoke to a staff member from adobe a few days ago and he suggested I get a more powerful laptop (I was using a 2017 Mac).. I've just invested over £3000 (I need it anyway as I'm a design student) but I bought it at a snap decision in regards to wanting to use 3D software! 

thanks in advance for any suggestions and help! ☺️

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What tutorials are you following? There are some really good ones right on the home screen when C4D lite opens up.

When I teach C4D lite I usually start with a new comp that includes a light gray 3D solid that I use for the floor, a 3D shape layer I want to extrude, and a 3D text layer. I add an ambient light and a spot or point light and set the shape layer and text layer to create shadows. Then I add a camera and animate a simple camera move. The project is saved and then saved as a C4D file using the File/Export/Maxon C4D Exporter. The file is then imported to the project and dropped into the comp.

You should see exactly what you created. 

The first thing you should do is click the Enable button in Live Link. This should give you a warning that it needs to be set up and C4D lite should open. Enable the property, then make sure that you open the file you just saved and you should see the camera and the layers with some extrusion applied. Enabling Live Link makes C4D Lite always open the file and makes working between AE and C4D lite easier. 

One more hint. If you double click a C4D file in the Project panel you should see something in the Layer Panel. The camera will not be accurately previewed, but you should see something in the preview.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you are still having problems getting C4D lite to open up a file and show it in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines