Highlighted

Cinema 4D Lite not working.

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

so I have a Creative Cloud subscription and I read about Cinema 4D Lite being included into AE today, so I decided to try that out. As soon as I opened a new C4D file, this little screen poped up: 

c4d not working.PNG

It’s german so here’s the translation: 

"After effects: AEGP plugin CINEWARE scenelayer: No Cinema 4D installation was found."

When I click on "OK" this little screen pops up:

c4d not wordking2.PNG

It’s german so here is the translation:

"Your default is set to ‘Cinema 4D Lite’. Do you want to try the full version of Cinema 4D with all the functionality? - You can change this setting permanently by selecting ’options’ under ’CINEWARE’ in the effect settings and entering ’Cinema 4D’ at ’edit’ instead of ’Cinema 4D Lite’."

I clicked on "Ja (Yes)" and "Nein (No)" but either way the first window pops up again and nothing happens after that.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cinema 4D Lite not working.

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

so I have a Creative Cloud subscription and I read about Cinema 4D Lite being included into AE today, so I decided to try that out. As soon as I opened a new C4D file, this little screen poped up: 

c4d not working.PNG

It’s german so here’s the translation: 

"After effects: AEGP plugin CINEWARE scenelayer: No Cinema 4D installation was found."

When I click on "OK" this little screen pops up:

c4d not wordking2.PNG

It’s german so here is the translation:

"Your default is set to ‘Cinema 4D Lite’. Do you want to try the full version of Cinema 4D with all the functionality? - You can change this setting permanently by selecting ’options’ under ’CINEWARE’ in the effect settings and entering ’Cinema 4D’ at ’edit’ instead of ’Cinema 4D Lite’."

I clicked on "Ja (Yes)" and "Nein (No)" but either way the first window pops up again and nothing happens after that.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your exact workflow? C4D Lite will only open if you start in After Effects. You must do one of two things. 

The way to open C4D Lite directly from After Effects is to go to the File menu and select New/MAXON CINEMA 4D file... from the menu. This will open C4D Lite, give you the opportunity to register and look at some tutorials, which are highly recommended, and get started. 

The second workflow is to import an existing .c4d file into the Project using the Import menu, then drag the file from the Project Panel to a new comp or create a comp from the file. When the C4D file is in the Timeline you can open C4D Lite using the Show button in the Effects Control panel. This will open C4D Lite, but it probably will not open the file. After you register and set up your preferences you will have to browse to the same file that is in the timeline and open it up to do the editing you need to do. There is an option in C4D lite to enable Live Link. If you turn that on you can save the step of opening the file in C4D.

If you are using either of those workflows and you still get the warnings, then it is time to use the Creative Cloud App to uninstall and then reinstall AE. If it still does not work and your system meets the minimum system requirements for After Effects, let us know. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0
Lavrence LATEST
New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I followed both workflows and both didn’t work, so I wanted to uninstall and then reinstall AE via Creative Cloud.

When I wanted to do that, I saw, that AE had to be updated. I updated it and after it was done updating, I tried the first workflow again and it work just fine.

Thanks a lot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 18, 2020 0