Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cinema 4D lite viewport is blank

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

When I try to open a project in cinema 4D lite through after effects. the viewport appears black. No solution in the internet seems to work for me. Also, my driver is up to date. Can someone help me in this regard.

Shamaelu_1-1594023618645.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you also check the update from Cinema 4D Lite Help menu > Check for Updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using File>Open in C4D Lite to open the file you are working on. Try using the Enable button in Cineware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you add a cube or other object do you see anything in the Viewport, even a yellow outline of the object?

C4D Lite gets installed with After Effects, so it might be easiest to uninstall and reinstall AE, as well as make sure you're running the latest version. But given that you have the new rounded icon in your Taskbar it looks like you are up-to-date with AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

That you for taking an interest in my query. No, I do not see anything in  the Viewport when I add a cube or an object. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothings seems to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hardware specs of your computer? You might not be meeting the minimum requirements for the GPU: https://www.maxon.net/en-us/products/infosites/system-requirements/

What card, specifically, do you have? Also, have you tried updating your GPU driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue, did you find a solution?

Tried re installing both software:

AE up to date

C4dLite up to date

Tried the Enable button in cineware

tried the Check for updates
Have all min requirements.

GPU: Nvidia RTX2070 super

CPU: Threadripper 3960x

Ram: 32gb

Edit:

Holding ctr+shift during start seemed to work. However I dont know what funcitonality I'm missing atm.

Thanks!!

best,

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines