Highlighted

Cinema 4D plugin missing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all, 

I accidentaly uninstalled the Cinema 4D plug-in for After Effect, and after an update of After Effect to 17.1.1, I cannot change the 3d renderer anymore.

Can you please tell me how I can install again the plug-in? (because it does not come directly with the AE update apparently). 

Thank you in advance for your help

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

Use the Creative Cloud app to uninstall After Effects and then install it again. The C4D rendering engine is an integral part of AE. I'm not sure how you uninstalled it, but it is not a separate part of the installer that can be simply copied and pasted.

TOPICS
Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cinema 4D plugin missing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all, 

I accidentaly uninstalled the Cinema 4D plug-in for After Effect, and after an update of After Effect to 17.1.1, I cannot change the 3d renderer anymore.

Can you please tell me how I can install again the plug-in? (because it does not come directly with the AE update apparently). 

Thank you in advance for your help

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

Use the Creative Cloud app to uninstall After Effects and then install it again. The C4D rendering engine is an integral part of AE. I'm not sure how you uninstalled it, but it is not a separate part of the installer that can be simply copied and pasted.

TOPICS
Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 1
tharmine LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you. 

I was cleaning my C: drive and uninstalling programs and saw C4D, did't make the connection with AE and uninstalled it. 

After I made the update of AE, but I guess the update was not enough to reinstall the plug-in. 

I will try your suggestion. 

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 0